Tuesday, July 28, 2009

International Philanthropy Sierra Leone West Africa

As I look at my schedule, preparing to get back on track after the several month pregnancy, birth, post pregnancy hiatus, my heart turns back to the work in Sierra Leone.

I was fortunate to trace my DNA ancestry to The Mende and Temne of Sierra Leone via the use of testing through African Ancestry of Washington D.C.

In addition to the rich Goliad Texas heritage of Lucy Sanders Perry, b.1822, Joe Perry, b. 1855, Arthur Perry, b. 1882, Otis Perry, b. 1921, and my father Edwin Perry, b. 1948, I have been fortunate to cross the Atlantic and find an ancestral home in Sierra Leone.

It is truly a bittersweet homecoming due to the ravages of a 12 year civil war which plagued the nation and left it a tattered economic state. Through the auspices of The Sierra Leone Africa America Assistance Foundation, my supporters and I will do all we can to bring some relief to my African homeland.

No comments:

Post a Comment